House for sale by Pillinger Real Estate Double Bay in Byron Bay 2481 NSW
Luxurious Haven of Tranquillity in Lush Hinterland SettingByron Bay
Enjoying an elevated position with expansive tropical forest and country vistas, this Goonengerry estate that was once a 1900's dairy and cattle farm, brims with character and charm.
With its Asian-inspired architecture, the main house imbues a sense of calm and warmth from its exquisite timber features to soaring ceilings. The attention to detail is evident in each room with artisanal touches throughout - the house often being described as a work of art with its use of rich textures from recycled timbers to handmade tiles and luxury finishes.
Framing the house is a stunning cultivated garden, citrus orchard, fruit trees, epiphyte orchids and a netted vegetable garden. Beyond the garden are approximately 80 acres of regenerated forest, featuring some of the most significant remnant rainforest in the region.
The warmth of the house is extended to the two separate multi-purpose studios and an impressive outdoor pavilion that incorporates hand carved local sandstone plinths and timber posts. The property offers a multitude of living and entertaining areas and also features a 15-metre lap pool with picturesque views.
The estate can be conveniently accessed by car from Ballina Airport (40 minutes) or Coolangatta Airport (60 mins).
Key Features Indoor:
- 3 bedrooms main house plus 2 multi-purpose studios
- 3 bathrooms (including master ensuite)
- Extensively renovated large timber kitchen and dining
- Multitude of entertaining areas
- Handmade tiles, recycled timbers
- Marble and slate finishes
Key Features Outdoor:
- Exquisite grounds and gardens
- Regenerated rainforest
- 15m fenced lap pool
- Terrace and large Balinese style pavilion with stunning vistas
- Outdoor shower
- 15m x 9m fully netted vegetable garden
- Under cover carport
Key Features Additional:
- 2 x 40,000L water tanks
- Mains power backed up by solar panels
. Generator wired directly to house
- All timber used in renovations recycled and FSC certified
- Certified under the Land for Wildlife Program
- Creeks, natural swimming hole, lotus and water lily dam
- Small gymnasium
Co Agent : Su Reynolds | First National Byron
- No inspections scheduled
- Contact Agent
Email this agent
Email sent successfully!
Your email has been sent.
Would you like to get The Real Estate Conversation?