9/65 Palmerston Street Perth 6000 WA
FIRST TIME OFFERED FOR RE-SALE SINCE 2001
- 155SQM WAREHOUSE CONVERSION
- SPLIT LEVEL HERITAGE LIVING
- EXPOSED BEAMS, HIGH CEILINGS, HISTORY PACKED
- 2006 NATIONAL AWARD-WINNING BUILDING
In 1903 a young Perth beer brewer, David Harwood, set up the Pneumatic Malting Company on Palmerston Street, and what was once the mill where hundreds of hard working Perth locals provided the goods for WA’s finest beers, has now been converted into the site of some of the city’s most prestigious luxury apartments. 9/65 Palmerston Street with three bedrooms and two bathrooms is the ultimate urban loft living experience, riddled with rustic throwbacks to a simpler time but boasting all the conveniences the busy young professional, savvy investor or downsizer could want in 2018.
A short walk to the office, with countless social options in Northbridge and the CBD, and a phenomenal pool and gym as part of your living arrangement, you might as well sell the car and put the money toward fancy dinners, because everything is just down the street.
Your lobby boasts retained historical features paying homage to the industrial property it once was. Step into an inviting open plan with high ceilings, antique exposed beams, and natural light touching every inch of the home. Retro floors remind you that the residences at Maltings Apartments are far homelier than the average clinical new development in the city.
Your expansive living and dining living area is ideal for winding down after a long day or entertaining before you hit the town. This feeds onto a quaint loft-style balcony to enjoy a meal or drink in the fresh air and keep an eye on the city.
Your galley-style kitchen has far more bench and storage space than the average apartment, boasting everything the keen foodie requires, including gas stainless-steel appliances and a double sink. This low-maintenance kitchen coupled with your indoor and outdoor entertaining spaces makes this industrial pad perfect for hosting dinner and drinks year-round.
On the bottom floor with its own private balcony is your master suite with built-in robes and a lavish ensuite, away from the other rooms for maximum privacy. Glide upstairs to a second mezzanine living space, ideal for use as a study, second lounge or somewhere to dominate your friends in billiards. On the top floor are two more bedrooms with built-in wardrobes, sharing a period-style bathroom.
In the warmer months cool off in the lap pool or relax in the heated spa, and when you want to work up a sweat the gym is far better equipped than your average apartment gym. Say goodbye to that expensive membership.
The rustic urban pad at 9/65 Palmerston Street is a central apartment with the space, comfort and amenities of a sizeable home in the suburbs. Sell the car, walk to the office in the morning and your favourite social spots at night. This is a rare opportunity in a prime, historical location that’s not to be missed.
• Three-bedroom, two bathroom split level apartment.
• 155sqm internal living space, plus two balconies.
• Originally an old malt mill in 1903, converted to Maltings Apartments in 2000.
• Open plan living and dining space, feeding onto balcony.
• Second mezzanine living space on second floor, doubles as study/pool room.
• Large kitchen with ample bench/storage space, s-steel appliances.
• Master suite on ground floor, built-in robes, ensuite, private balcony.
• Two more bedrooms upstairs, built-in robes, sharing a decent bathroom.
• Industrial style lobby, lap pool, heated spa, well-equipped gym.
• Two secure car bays, not that you’ll need them.
• 350m to the heart of Northbridge.
• 950m to the Brisbane Hotel.
• 550m to Hyde Park.
• 15 minute walk to the CBD.
• 5 minute bike ride to the Beaufort Street café/restaurant strip.
• 15 minute walk to Beatty Park Leisure Centre.
• 15 minute walk to Perth Arena.
• Easy access to the freeway via Newcastle Street.
Email this agent
Email sent successfully!
Your email has been sent.
Would you like to get The Real Estate Conversation?
Get new properties in your inbox
Real Estate For Sale in Perth, WA 6000 priced between $510,000 and $940,000