52 McQuire Road Alton Downs QLD 4702
Lifestyle Retreat52 McQuire Road, Alton Downs
A change in circumstances forces the sale of this potential-filled property.
52 McQuire Road is a beautiful family home built by Welsh and Lauga in 2011 and situated on 27 acres of land. Exceptionally finished, the house would suit anyone who appreciates quality craftsmanship and beautiful living spaces while wanting to be away from the hustle and bustle of town (though still only a short, scenic drive away.)
The house features:
- Modern, neutral colour scheme
- High gloss tiles in the open plan living areas
- 4 built-in bedrooms including large master complete with large walk in robe as well as a second walkthrough robe leading to the generously sized ensuite with open-ended rain shower (also able to be converted to handheld)
- Family bathroom with separate shower and bath and floor to ceiling gloss tiles
- Solar hot water
- Spacious chefs kitchen with concealed dishwasher, large glass cooktop, stainless steel rangehood, soft close drawers, hydraulic assisted doors on overhead cupboards, rainwater plumbed into the fridge space.
- Large island bench, perfect for engaging guests while they watch you cook or relax in the adjoining lounge room. Plenty of space to also use as a breakfast bar
- Two screen doors leading to the patio, one double width and the other with a pet door for your four legged family member
- Television points are available in two separate living areas as well as the master bedroom
- Satellite NBN internet is available and installed
- Two large reverse cycle aircons service the open plan living areas as well as the main bedroom and second bedroom also have their own units
- Fans throughout
- Remote double garage
- Security screens throughout and window tinting
- Outdoor entertaining area which catches the morning sun
The house is well insulated and retains heat exceptionally well in winter while also being well designed to capture breezes in summer. All water used by the property is recycled via the water treatment system which can be reused on the gardens, ensuring there is no wastage. The dam waters the paddock and the two 26,500 litre rainwater tanks service the house. All appliances are as water efficient as possible again contributing to the house’s low environmental impact and liveability. Situated on a quiet, no through road. Regular mail service and school buses into Rockhampton are available.
- 27 acres total divided into a small house paddock and another large paddock.
- Fully fenced.
- Access is off McQuire Road as well as at the rear of the block on South Yaamba Road.
- Originally cleared, the property has adequate shade coverage on the well-treed ridge as well as lots of open grazing.
- Majority of grass is native bluegrass as well as some improved species.
- Excellent for horses as there is very little to no buffel grass present.
- Contour bank ensures any water run off goes straight into the dam
- Completely flood free, water does not sit.
- Expected the property would have shallow bore water available. (Neighbouring property has a working bore just off the boundary).
- Chook pen
- Small shed
Boat ramp leading to the Fitzroy River is only 3km away, bring your tinny, your ponies and the motorbikes and start living the awesome country lifestyle this property has to offer. Plenty of scope to add your finishing touches to make it your perfect retreat.
Phone enquiry code: 7370
- No inspections scheduled
- Contact Agent
Email this agent
Email sent successfully!
Your email has been sent.
Would you like to get The Real Estate Conversation?