37 Macleay Street Turner 2612 ACT
Once In a Lifetime
For over 64 years this original Turner home has been owned and occupied by the same family, but sadly the time has come to offer this amazing property to the market for the first time. For inner north buyers, this represents an outstanding opportunity to secure a substantial 883sqm parcel of land only a short walk from the centre of Civic. The block is zoned RZ3 allowing you the opportunity to explore the significant development potential of the site, which is free of remnant trees and restrictive easements.
Enter the home and it feels like a step back to the 1950's, with many of the period features remaining. Solid brick construction, high ceilings, timber sash windows, open fire place and even the original Canberra wood stove remains in the kitchen. There is significant work required to restore the home to its former glory, but the location is one of the best positions within the ACT, so your hard work and financial investment will surely be rewarded over the long term.
• 3 bedroom double brick home in original condition throughout
• Large rooms and high ceilings add to sense of space and character
• Formal lounge room with open fire place
• Separate dining room
• Large family room extension with hardwood timber floors
• 1950's kitchen even includes the original wood burning stove
• The home is ripe for renovation so bring your tools and paint brush!
• 883sqm block located in Turner's RZ3 zone allows you to explore the option of knock down-rebuild or a multi dwelling development (subject to planning approval)
Sell the car because this location is unbeatable. Although you are on the door step of the City, the leafy streets and abundant parks throughout Turner give this location a truly urban feel. You can walk to great schools for all ages from Turner Primary School to the Australian National University, and it is an easy stroll or bike ride to the heart of Civic. Do not wait another 64 years for an opportunity this good!
Email this agent
Email sent successfully!
Your email has been sent.
Would you like to get The Real Estate Conversation?
Get new properties in your inbox
Real Estate For Sale in Turner, ACT 2612 priced between $630,000 and $1,170,000