37 Haggar Street Eaglehawk 3556 VIC
House & Caravan on Quarter Acre Block
The wealth created from the Bendigo and Heathcote goldfields transformed international banking systems and world trade. History holds Bendigo as one of the richest goldfields the world over. During the 1850's rush; miners would typically live in transportable forms of mass housing. Often in tents along our outlying creeks as they panned for alluvial gold to create their personal wealth. By the 1860's deep reef gold mines were created in Bendigo and miners began to settle in the area in cottages around the wealthy mines where they worked.
Mr Richard Goldsmith, the (then) manager of the Eaglehawk mine, built his cottage for his family around this time at 37 Haggar Street (paying 11 pounds and 10 shillings for the land). Skip forward to 1990 and the current owners of the property felt they too had "discovered gold" by securing the miners' cottage for themselves. Like the Goldsmiths, they have treasured the cottage as the home where they have raised their family, worked hard and grown their personal wealth. Now offering the cottage to the market today, they express their desire to price it fairly and see it attract deserving new owners who will appreciate its history, significance and potential for capital growth.
As was typical, this miners' cottage was built on a quarter acre block with a charming gable roof, rear skillion, chimney and front verandah. Self-sufficiency was also a key trait with fruit trees and vegetable gardens typical of this style. Here you'll find fruit trees including apple, pear, lemon and mandarin. As well as green and red grape vines and raspberries. The rear rumpus room looks out to a beautiful Japanese Maple tree which is especially delightful when the leaves are transitioning from green to red.
Other reasons you'll want to secure this property include:
- 25m frontage to Haggar Street.
- A deceptively spacious and flexible floor plan.
- 3 double bedrooms with fitted robes and ceiling fans (one with a fireplace) and a fourth bedroom with original timber floor and a cupboard.
- Modern kitchen with excellent cabinetry, gas stove, electric oven and dishwasher.
- Bathroom with heated towel rail, modern vanity and two in one module shower.
- Great storage throughout including large linen press.
- Spacious rumpus room to the rear of the home overlooking the large garden.
- Alfresco area adjacent to rumpus room for indoor/outdoor living and entertaining.
- Bonaire ducted evaporative cooling and ducted gas heating throughout.
- Gas space heater, 2 air-conditioners, split system and solid fuel heater.
- Single lock up garage and a two car lock up carport which doubles as a second enclosed alfresco meals and entertaining area.
- Included in the sale (should you wish) is a four berth 1900 Franklin Regent Caravan in original condition. Brilliantly maintained it includes a fridge, stove, oven, microwave, and linen for the two single beds and one double.
- Also included (should you wish) is a Garden Pro Tidymaster Shed flat pack ready for you to install.
- Great access to Eaglehawk Secondary College and St Liborius Primary School.
- Eaglehawk boasts a great community, stunning architecture that honours the rich mining heritage and many modern amenities, public spaces and trade and services.
- Great access to the picturesque shores of Lake Neangar. Boasting picnic and BBQ facilities; and space and equipment for adventure and movement play.
- Great access also to: Peter Krenz Leisure Centre, Canterbury Park Oval, sports precinct and Botanical Gardens. McKern Skate Park and Mulga Bill Bike Trail.
Aldi and IGA supermarkets, shopping village, Star Cinema, restaurants, cafes, bakery, banks and primary school. As well as the public bus system and train station.
Email this agent
Email sent successfully!
Your email has been sent.
Would you like to get The Real Estate Conversation?
Get new properties in your inbox
Real Estate For Sale in Eaglehawk, VIC 3556 priced between $180,000 and $330,000