105 Old Canterbury Road Lewisham 2049 NSW
Set Back On A Leafy Side Street, Enter Via Summer Hill Street
A real find, Victorian meets 21st Century. Set on a leafy side-street off Old Canterbury Road and bordering Summer Hill, this sensitively restored, freestanding 3-bedroom brick residence has it all. The substantial brick facade presents original Victorian iron lace, an iron-spear fence and a traditional, restored tiled veranda overlooking a pretty courtyard.
Three double-bedrooms adjoin the elegant arched-hall. Two feature operational marble mantles/tiled hearths, grand cornices and ceiling roses. Beyond the central arch, the hall flows into the spacious living-room. Both elegant and casual, the room features a marble mantle/tiled hearth at its centre (gas log fire) and a high centre ceiling rose featuring a modern Italian art light piece.
A traditional bathroom (tub) with pressed metal and a separate compact laundry/storage are found along a discrete hall. The spacious modern kitchen features quality cabinetry, Caesar Stone benchtop , induction cooktop, multi-function oven and plenty of storage. From the adjacent separate dining area (more storage), the robust German double-glazed tilt doors open to a very private garden courtyard with stunning night lighting. Separated by a screen, is a private drive-in carport.
All windows are new and feature hush' laminated acoustic glass and acoustic shielding, meaning the house is both whisper quiet and highly insulated from all weather.
This elegant residence seamlessly merges sensitively-restored Victorian features with 21st century technologies - all set in the most public transport-accessible location in the inner west.
* 3 restored, operational marble fireplaces, high ceilings and many lovely heritage features
* 2.2kw solar array on a re-tiled roof
* Air conditioning (two split-systems)
* Latest Nest Protect' Fire/CO2 System and Indoor/Outdoor cameras (all smart phone-linked)
* 2 parking spaces - carport and Council sticker for adjacent 24/7 street parking
* 3 minutes walk to the Lewisham West light rail, buses, cafes, convenience store, gymnasium, child-care
* 5-7 minutes walk to Lewisham station & Summer Hill village dining and shopping
* Local public and private schools and in all adjacent suburbs
* Fabulous future potential with upstairs 4th bedroom/ensuite & retreat (STCA)
Email this agent
Email sent successfully!
Your email has been sent.
Would you like to get The Real Estate Conversation?
Get new properties in your inbox
Real Estate For Sale in Lewisham, NSW 2049 priced between $1,100,000 and $2,000,000