Purpose and scope
This website is operated by Dog No. 7 Pty Ltd ACN 144 646 159 (Dog No. 7) in conjunction with SchwartzWilliams (being any one or more of SchwartzWilliams Pty Ltd ACN 601 487 414, SchwartzWilliams No. 1 Pty Ltd ACN 601 487 512, SchwartzWilliams No. 2 Pty Ltd ACN 602 184 412, Schwa Pty Ltd ACN 054 593 501, Schwartz Media Pty Ltd ACN 138 337 023, SchwartzWilliams Japan Pty Ltd ACN 602 184 485, Recon Oz Pty Ltd ACN 601 487 585, Million Plus Pty Ltd ACN 122 282 599 and their related bodies corporate, associates and affilliates).
We are committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), including the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will provide a free copy of this policy to anyone who asks for it.
By using this website, signing up to any of our accounts or services (including memberships, digital data rooms and data property alerts), subscribing to any of our newsletters, providing any listings or advertisements, contacting us through our website, or accepting our Terms and Conditions, you agree to your personal information being handled in accordance with this policy.
What types of personal information does Dog No. 7 collect?
Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Examples of personal information collected by Dog No. 7 include individuals’ names, occupation, company and contact details (e.g. telephone number, email address and address), and the publications and topics of interest to individuals. For agents, brokers and valuers who list with us, personal information may also include photographs, location, profile and languages spoken.
Dog No. 7 may collect the following personal information from job applicants, and contractors: name, employment history and experience, qualifications, date of birth, contact details, referee details, emergency contact details.
Names and contact details may also be collected from individuals representing industry related contacts.
Personal information can include sensitive information. Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act as information or an opinion about a person’s race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political associations and trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, or criminal record, health information, genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise health information, biometric information that is used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification and biometric templates.
Dog No. 7 does not usually collect sensitive information. Dog No. 7 will only ever collect sensitive information in circumstances where you have consented to the collection, or we are required or authorised by law to collect the sensitive information. If sensitive information is ever collected by Dog No. 7, it will only ever be used for the purpose it was collected. We never use or disclose sensitive information for direct marketing purposes.
How does Dog No. 7 collect and hold personal information?
Dog No. 7 generally collects personal information from:
- individuals who deal with us in person e.g. face to face or telephone;
- individuals who use our online subscription, listings or contact facilities, register for accounts online, or who email us about newsletters, advertising, products or services offered on or via websites that are operated by us, or by SchwartzWilliams, including the websites hosted at the following domains: www.therealestateconversation.com.au; www.thehomepage.com.au; www.thebusinesspage.com.au; www.millionplus.com.au;
- SchwartzWilliams (as defined above);
- our agents, service providers and contractors;
- real estate agents, brokers, valuers and other industry related contacts; and
- referees and former employers in the case of job applicants (including through the jobs portal), suppliers and contractors.
If you visit one of our websites, our internet service provider may record certain information about your visit, including:
- internet address;
- domain name;
- internet service provider;
- the date and time of the visit to the website;
- any information or documentation downloaded;
- your feedback, comments and conversations;
- the length of the session;
- the pages accessed;
- the website that referred to our website;
- the type and version of the browser; and
- the operating system used.
We are also able to collect information about email recipients including geographical location and viewing and interaction activity (such as views, bounces, clicks, replies, forwards, opt outs and links). This information is aggregated for analysis as de-identified data.
We use pixels, or transparent GIF files, on our websites to help manage online advertising and email marketing. These files enable our service providers to recognise a unique cookie in your Web browser, which in turn enables us and our service providers to learn which advertisements and emails brought you to our website, and how you use our website. GIF files are used to:
- track responses to advertisements, emails and site content (including social media engagements);
- determine your ability to receive HTML based emails;
- record how many users open an email;
- compile aggregated statistics;
- better target interactive advertising;
- enhance customer support and site usability; and
- provide offers and promotions that we believe would be of interest to you.
Dog No. 7 does not collect any of the personal information that you may input into third party search, quote and application tools available on our website/s, for example online loan search or application tools powered by Ratesonline.com.au Pty Ltd, online enquiry tools provided by moneyQuest Australia Pty Ltd and the online insurance quote forms provided by moneyQuest Insurance Services Pty Ltd , You should consult the relevant third parties’ privacy policies for information about how they will handle your personal information.
Disclosure of personal information
In the course of its business, Dog No. 7 may disclose personal information to:
- users of our websites;
- potential purchasers of businesses and real estate and their professional advisers;
- SchwartzWilliams (as defined above);
- real estate agents, brokers, valuers and other real estate industry contacts;
- third parties where you have requested information, goods or services from them (e.g. Ratesonline.com.au Pty Ltd if you use the online loan search or application tools powered by ratesonline.com.au that are accessible from our website/s, moneyQuest Australia Pty Ltd if you use its online forms to enquire about financial advice or car loans and moneyQuest Insurance Services Pty Ltd if you use the online insurance quote forms accessible from our website/s);
- lenders and mortgage brokers;
- insurers and insurance brokers;
- referees and former employers (in the case of job applicants and contractors);
- external organisations that are our agents, suppliers, service providers or contractors, including advertisers for marketing material and syndicated listings on third party sides;
- our professional advisers, such as accountants, lawyers and auditors; and
- if required or authorised by law, regulatory bodies, government agencies and authorities, law enforcement bodies and courts.
Why does Dog No. 7 need personal information?
The purposes for which Dog No. 7 collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information include:
- providing users of our websites with information about businesses and real estate (for sale and sold), real estate agents, brokers and/or valuers;
- sending you newsletters, publications, communications and advertising material (including third party publications, communications and advertising material);
- advertising or marketing products and services (including third party products and services);
- responding to enquiries or providing a relevant product or service as requested;
- providing you with information in relation to real estate or the real estate industry;
- compiling and analysing statistics;
- to customise our services or advertising;
- administration, business planning and other internal management functions and operations related to the provision or management of Dog No. 7’s products or services, including research and development;
- debt collection;
- complying with our legal obligations;
- assessment of employment applications;
- other purposes for which it was collected.
Dog No. 7 may use personal information to send direct marketing material in relation to Dog No. 7’s products or services, SchwartzWilliams’ products or services, or the products or services of third parties.
Dog No. 7 may also disclose personal information to SchwartzWilliams and other third parties, in order to facilitate direct marketing by those parties.
We never use or disclose sensitive information for direct marketing purposes.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from Dog No. 7, you may at any time opt-out of receipt of further marketing communications by contacting our Privacy Officer (contact details below). If direct marketing is by email, you may also use the unsubscribe function.
You should also contact our Privacy Officer if you do not wish us to disclose your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Government related identifiers
Dog No. 7 does not use any government related identifiers, such as driver’s licence numbers, as its own internal identifier of any individual. Dog No. 7 will not use or disclose any government related identifiers other than in accordance with the Privacy Act, or as otherwise required or authorised by law.
Data integrity and security
Dog No. 7 endeavours to ensure that all personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, individuals should contact us if any of their personal information changes, or if they believe that the personal information we have is not accurate or complete.
Dog No. 7 takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information that it holds from misuse, interference or loss, or from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If Dog No. 7 no longer requires personal information that it holds (including when we are no longer required by law to keep records relating to you), it will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or ensure that the information is de-identified.
Dog No. 7 may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients located in New Zealand, Japan or the United States of America.
By accessing any of our websites or services you consent to disclosure of your personal information to overseas recipients on the basis that Dog No. 7 will not be accountable under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and may not be able to seek redress under overseas law if the overseas recipient handles your information in a way that breaches the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Overseas recipients may not be subject to any privacy obligations that are similar to the Australian Privacy Principles, and may be subject to a foreign law that could compel the disclosure of personal information to a third party such as an overseas authority.
Access and correction
Individuals can ask Dog No. 7 for access to their personal information held by Dog No. 7 by sending a written request to our Privacy Officer at the address below.
Dog No. 7 does not impose a charge for making a request for access, however we may charge for reasonable administrative costs incurred in providing access.
You can ask Dog No. 7 to correct or update your personal information. Dog No. 7 does not impose any charge with respect to requests for correction or updates.
Before correcting or providing access to personal information in response to a request, Dog No. 7 will require your identity to be confirmed.
Requests for access or correction may be refused upon the grounds contained in the Privacy Act. If we refuse to provide access, or to correct personal information, Dog No. 7 will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
Privacy related complaints should be directed to Dog No. 7’s Privacy Officer in writing at the email or postal address shown below No charge will be imposed for the making of a complaint, or for dealing with the complaint.
Once a complaint has been lodged, our Privacy Officer will acknowledge its receipt to you as soon as possible.
We will endeavour to respond to your complaint as soon as possible.
We will do our best to ensure that our investigation is completed, and a decision on your complaint is communicated to you, within 30 days of our receipt of the written complaint. We will inform you if we need more time.
If we are not able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction you may also contact the Australian Information Commissioner.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Employee records are exempt from the operation of the Australian Privacy Principles.
Privacy Officer contact details
Dog No. 7’s Privacy Officer’s contact details are:
Address: Privacy Officer
Level 1, 221 Drummond Street,
CARLTON VIC 3053
Telephone: 1300 377 037
Email: [email protected]
Changes to this policy