Rural for sale forsalebyowner.com.au in Manjimup 6258 WA
Unique tree-change lifestyle property with private lake and stunning viewsManjimup
Running Gully comprises 160 acres (64.7 hectares) with a stunning private permanent lake that covers nearly 15 acres and holds over 80,000 kLt of water...(14 million gallons in the old language). It is one of the largest private water holdings in the area with licensing from the Waters and Rivers Commission to draw water for crops and the marron ponds.
Running Gully sits at the interface of two distinct ecosystems: jarrah forest and karri forest, and their specific under-storey vegetation which supports many species of wild flowers including many orchids. Mostly karri loam soils with some small areas of sand and peat, ideal for vines and small crops including avocado, various fruit trees and truffles.
- The original A frame house site is the most picturesque site on the property...and it is ready to rebuild on. Fully serviced with electricity, water, septic and telephone services already in place. The site includes two rainwater tanks - 40,000lt concrete and 24,000lt poly plus a carport for 4 cars and equipment.
- Peninsula with large jetty with deck and gazebo over the lake
- Hill-top refurbished 2 bedroom timber cottage with two 24,000lt poly rainwater tanks
- Hill-top 2 bedroom chalet fully powered - (12m x 2.4m)
- Art Studio - renovated and powered original log cabin with large deck verandah overlooking the lake
Garden and Paddocks
- 20 acres around the old housesite, part garden, part natural bush
- Vege and fruit tree patches
- 15 acre permanent dam holding 80,000 kLt (14 million gallons) of water
- 50 acres of blue gum plantation timber
- 9 acres comprising of 13 fully powered and irrigated marron ponds plus associated infrastructure
- 60 acres of natural jarrah and karri bush with nature walk trails
- 6 acres of north facing paddock
- Gravelled access tracks
- Some property fencing and fire breaks
Running Gully is an outstanding property, known in the area for its beauty and tranquility is finally for sale. "Offering so much, a property for sale like this hasn't been available for a long time....a lifestyle and tree-change opportunity not to be missed."
160 acres surrounded by State Forest and Department of Parks and Wildlife plantations and unlike many farms in the region that have cleared paddocks that are running livestock or crops, Running Gully is mostly natural forest and bush lands plus of course the 15 acre private "lake".
The property offers a number of income streams, including marron and blue-gums but also other crops such as vines, avocados and truffles all currently being grown with great success in the region.
There is also excellent potential income for a tourism based business as Running Gully is located next to the Munda Biddi Trail. Currently zoned General Agriculture Rural that permits two residences plus up to four holiday chalets (STCA). There is also the possibility of subdivision and rezoning that would allow further expansion of a tourism based enterprise for holiday accommodation or other businesses.
Running Gully is located close to the popular wine growing and tourist town of Pemberton and the main service town and shire centre of Manjimup.
And a day at the beach is just a 45 minute drive away. The coast and beautiful beaches of the southern coast are not far away. The D'Entrecasteaux National Park, which is a significant wilderness area with the stunning monadnock "Mount Chudalup", a huge block of granite reaching 187 metres above sea levels where you can have a 360 degree views of the surrounding forest, heathlands, coast and the magnificent Yeagarup Dunes. The small village of Windy Harbour, which is well known locally as a great spot for fishing and surfing plus the white sandy beaches of Salmon Beach and Mandalay Beach are all under 60 minutes away and a great day out.
- No inspections scheduled
- Contact Agent
Email this agent
Email sent successfully!
Your email has been sent.
Would you like to get The Real Estate Conversation?
Get new properties in your inbox
Real Estate For Sale in Manjimup, WA 6258 priced between $530,000 and $980,000