69 Settlers Road Royalla NSW 2620
Are You Searching for a Tree Change?69 Settlers Road, Royalla
Life is busy, there's no question about that. How often do we get an opportunity to simply stop and take stock of what we have, just breathe and think? As Canberra's population grows and the city just gets busier & noisier don't you sometimes yearn for peace & quiet, space and fresh air?
Well that's all on offer here. The current owners listed amongst the things that they will miss the most; the serenity, the sweeping views, the space & light, the stars at night and the wildlife. The large solar passive home makes the most of the outlook from every room with an abundance of glass to the northern side taking in the beauty of the valley. With some 204m² of quality living, the home was architecturally designed to maximise the use of sunshine and winter warmth and year round comfort.
Offering excellent utility with 3 bedrooms (large main with ensuite & walk in robe - opening onto paved outdoor area), study, formal lounge, family & meals area plus rumpus (opening onto an alfresco entertaining area), this is a true family home.
Features include but are not limited to, polished concrete floors, built in speakers to the rumpus room, stunning valley views to the north overlooking the neighbour's dam, slow combustion heating, large & well appointed kitchen and 130,000L water tank. There is a triple garage (with 2 automatic doors) providing both car accommodation and ample storage. The owners have already moved and require a sale, so all you will require is your cheque book at the auction and when you settle into your home you'll be asking 'How's the serenity?'
- 45,000 m² (11 acres) of softly undulating land for you to play with
- Stunning valley views
- 3 spacious bedrooms plus a study
- Master with ensuite plus walk in robe
- Al fresco outdoor entertainment area
- Rumpus room
- Large triple garage fitted with 2 automatic doors - perfect for both car accommodation and storage
- Slow combustion heating
Green and sustainable features:
- The worm farm as a septic system operates with minimal electricity just for the pump and requires no chemicals, UV light or moving parts. Waste water is used to effectively water the trees along the driveway. Provides a way to dispose of veggie peelings and other organic waste.
- Bore water is available to water plants or animals, in the future could be a secondary source of water to the house to reduce reliance on rainwater can it was during the drought. The pump for the bore is energy efficient, operating with an air compressor rather than a petrol pump.
- The solar passive design means the house is flooded with sunlight during winter months, and the concrete floor soaks up the warmth. During summer the concrete remains cool as the eaves are designed so that no sunlight enters, the roof of the house and garage both have a long gutter to collects rainwater that can easily be cleaned, which reduces hazards of bushfire
- Cedar windows provide good insulation to keep out the cold in winter
- Windows have been designed so that they can be easily flung open in the summer evening to catch the easterly cool change breeze
- The high windows in the family room allow hot air to disperse during summer months
- Fans in all rooms allow for air circulation, and are used to move hot air down during winter
- Ventilation system installed so that warm air from the fire in the family room is moved to the far ends of the house. This system operates on a thermostat and uses minimal electricity
- Instant gas hot water system is energy efficient, only heating water when needed
- Garage roof is designed with solar panels in mind
- The solar passive design means a good amount of natural light is enjoyed year round, it is not necessary to have the lights on inside during the day, even in the middle of winter
- An insulated extra thick waffle slab works as thermal mass to capture heat to release into the home in winter.
- High rated insulation in the walls and roof space help retain heat
- Wood for the fire can be obtained from fallen trees on the block, and when the fire is used correctly it produces not much in the way of emissions
Email this agent
Email sent successfully!
Your email has been sent.
Would you like to get The Real Estate Conversation?
Get new properties in your inbox
Real Estate For Sale in Royalla, NSW 2620 priced between $530,000 and $980,000