3470 Tallangatta Creek Road Tallangatta Valley 3701 VIC
A genuine cattle breeding, cattle fattening, back grounding property in a high rainfall district.
A quality cattle property in excellent condition offering approximately 265 hectares (657 acres) of cleared open country and 100 hectares (250 acres) of pristine natural bushland. Each complimenting each other.
AREA OF LAND
907 Acres – 367 Hectares total area. Comprising 345 hectares of Freehold land plus 22 hectares of Leasehold land (Bucheen Creek frontage).
NOTE: Leasehold country contained within Freehold country area.
“BUCHEEN CREEK” LOCATION
48kms south east of Tallangatta, 88kms east of Albury-Wodonga. In the top end of the high rainfall, highly recognised and beautiful Tallangatta Valley.
“BUCHEEN CREEK” LAND
- The topography of the property ranges from creek flats, soft undulation pasture country to low hill plus some steep areas contained mostly within the timbered areas.
- The Tallangatta Creek Road divides the property into approximately two (2) equal areas of pasture country with the timbered country being principally on the northern side of the road.
- The property is subdivided into seventeen (17) paddocks with substantial fencing and well cared for gateways.
- Soils range from red and grey loam type soils to decomposed granite in some areas with heavy carrying alluvial soils adjacent to the creek area.
- Pastures range from highly improved modern species perennial pastures to well cared for natural pastures in some of the low hill areas. A strong fertiliser history is evident.
“BUCHEEN CREEK” WATER
An extremely well-watered property with double frontage to Bucheen Creek plus smaller frontage to the Tallangatta Creek plus seven (7) dams servicing the northern side of the property. The western end of the property includes the junction of the Bucheen Creek and Tallangatta Creek. The southern side of the property is serviced by a well-planned fully reticulated water system sourced from a reliable spring. The system including troughs, tanks, etc. are all in excellent condition plus 6 spring fed dams. Water to “Bucheen Creek” home is sourced from a well/spring adjacent to the home and improvements.
“BUCHEEN CREEK” RESIDENCE
An older style weatherboard home set in an elevated position overlooking a major part of the whole property. A three (3) bedroom home that has been tastefully refurbished to a high standard. A country style kitchen leads through to a most attractive lounge living area with huge windows facing out to north easterly aspect. Features include 900mm Iofia (Italian) stove with gas hotplate and electric oven. Ample cupboards and bench space. As new carpets and window furnishings. Large bedrooms. Family bathroom plus extra shower area. Neat office/study plus purpose built alfresco entertaining, outdoor living area and north facing verandah sun area. A weatherboard single car garage adjacent to the home. A well maintained comfortable residence.
“BUCHEEN CREEK” RESIDENCE SURROUNDS
Although not large, the surrounds have been established by present ownership over sixteen years. Scattered garden beds, well established ornamental trees and shrubs plus planned lawn areas all combine to create a bright, colourful and easy to manage garden area. Quite special!
“BUCHEEN CREEK” IMPROVEMENTS
All working improvements are based around a cattle breeding enterprise. All are well maintained and most adequate.
- Good wooden and steel cattle yards with crush.
- All steel hay machinery shed (covered three sides).
- Traditional hay storage shed located in the paddock area.
- A former concrete brick dairy converted to workshop, machinery storage facility with power.
- Larger machinery utility shed, open front.
“Bucheen Creek” was originally a dairy property but has been for many years been converted to a beef grazing property. Current ownership has concentrated on pasture improvement and have over their tenure of the property sustained a breeding herd of 150 cows with followers. Further pasture improvement on the 1000mm rainfall district will allow for a further increase in numbers. Although traditionally a cattle breeding enterprise, the property would seem ideal for a backgrounding or value adding program. The subdivision, the water and the facilities would all support such programs.
AUCTION FRIDAY 18TH NOVEMBER, 11.30AM BUR AUCTION ROOMS - 640 OLIVE STREET, ALBURY
DISCLAIMER: Whilst every care is taken to supply accurate information our company cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information.
Property Code: 1108
Email this agent
Email sent successfully!
Your email has been sent.
Would you like to get The Real Estate Conversation?
Get new properties in your inbox
Real Estate For Sale in Tallangatta Valley, VIC 3701 priced between $800,000 and $1,600,000