222 Three Chain Road Sanderston SA 5237
TRANQUIL HISTORICAL PROPERTY : NATURE LOVERS RETREAT OR WORKING SMALL FARM222 Three Chain Road, Sanderston
STEEPED IN HISTORY
Built in the 1880s, Almond Grove was established as the first property in Sanderston.
It still bears remnants of its history in the way of the original drinking well that Sir Donald Kidman used when he moved his stock through and past the property. The property was hand built by the original owners of local stone and clay and remained in the same family until 1986 (over 100 years).
* Made of local stone with 1 foot thick walls.
* Colorbond Roof in good order.
* new front verandah and gravel
* large back verandah & entertaining area, (you will find it hard, not, to spend far too much time here!!)
* 2 main chimneys (one an open fire in the main BR, the other hosting the magnificent stone fireplace with an efficient wood heater)
* 3 large double bedrooms (two with original panel ceilings and 10Ft high)
* In addition, the attic, currently utilised as a storage area, has a solid timber floor and access to power. It would easily convert to a Fourth bedroom or studio.
* cosy and comfortable lounge with impressive large stone fireplace (a real feature)
* concrete floors throughout.
* original lintels and doors throughout
* beautiful rough render throughout with exposed stone here and there.
* new bathroom with shower and bath
* new laundry and sunroom area with toilet
* kitchen is rustic and freestanding which adds to the charm with gas stove. (Option to keep all the antique kitchen cupboards)
* a real handy feature is the fact that there is a gas hot water service and an electric hot water service. Also, a new septic system. (all 3 years old)
THIS HISTORIC SYMMETRICAL COTTAGE HAS BEEN SYMPATHETICALLY RESTORED AND IS VERY RARE TO FIND THESE DAYS. NOTHING REALLY TO DO, EXCEPT MOVE IN AND ENJOY!!!
7.59 hectares or 20 acres
* 9M X 6 M COLORBOND SHED WITH POWER AND A CAR PIT
* 3 water tanks totaling 35,000 litres
* CHOOKS YARDS
* SMALL STOCK YARD AND RACE
* FENCED INTO TWO MAIN PADDOCKS AND ONE HOUSE PADDOCK
* GOOD FLAT GRAZING LAND WITH A HIGH MINERAL CONTENT.
* BORE THAT WAS SUNK IN 2004. HAS NOT BEEN USED FOR SOME TIME.. HAS BEEN TESTED AND * WILL PUMP 9LT PER MINUTE AT THE MOMENT OR YOU COULD GO DOWN FURTHER (CURRENTLY 14MT). DOES NEED NEW PUMP AND ACCESSORIES. (COST OF ABOUT $2000)
* A COSY CAMPFIRE AREA WHICH IS ADJACENT TO THE HOUSE, OVERLOOKING THE RANGE AND MAJESTIC RIVER RED GUMS.
Almond Grove is an intensive small farm where we grow Damara Sheep that have successfully eradicated many prime weeds from paddocks. Also have horses in training here over the time. Also breed Australorp and Old English Game Poultry in an organic environment where all thrives.
* Sanderston is a small community set at the foothills of a huge range that runs for many kilometres.
* 1 hour 15 from the heart of Adelaide
* 7 minutes to the next town of Cambrai where there is a lovely small school and facilities
* 15 minutes to Mannum and the River where there is two major supermarkets and a high school
* 15 minutes to Mount Pleasant, the start of the magnificent Barossa and Wineries
Both Mannum and Mount Pleasant have a good doctor's clinic and hospital which caters for day patients. both have aged care facilities also.
Phone enquiries - please quote property ID 18599
- Sun, 24th Sep 2:00PM – 4:00PM +
Email this agent
Email sent successfully!
Your email has been sent.
Would you like to get The Real Estate Conversation?
Get new properties in your inbox
Real Estate For Sale in Sanderston, SA 5237 priced between $230,000 and $420,000