22 Glebe Street Yass NSW 2582
Landmark Estate Upon Five Acres22 Glebe Street, Yass
Unquestionably one of the grandest Federation estates in NSW, 'Old Linton', circa 1857 is a landmark residence unparalleled in grace, style and proportion. The majestic home is embraced by an impressive five acres of established grounds and offers a spacious and private retreat with a refined sense of history. Old Linton was built in the Federation Free style, while the garden is a transition between Federation and Edwardian Arts and Crafts style. The home features Art Deco bathrooms, Art Nouveau window details, marble fireplaces, crystal chandeliers and glass skylights. Both the house and garden are listed on the Register of the National Estate.
The residence was built in 1857 by an emancipated convict, and later home to the legendary sheep baron A. B. Triggs. It now offers an iconic family haven of tremendous pedigree value with character, class and distinction. There are also numerous possibilities with many creative business opportunities including B&B accommodation, a conference centre or an Arts & Crafts outlet.
It is situated in the cold climate wine area of Murrumbateman, which produces award-winning wines and is located just 45 minutes from Canberra and about three hours south of Sydney.
( A full history of the house entitled 'Only behind a Cloud' is available as an e-book on smashwords.com.)
* 46 rooms in total
* The main house has 10 bedrooms & 10 bathrooms
* Breakfast room
* Formal lounge
* Billiard room
* TV room
* Dining room
* Butler's suite
* Glass house
* Heritage design rose garden
* Horse paddock of approx one (1) acre
* 1100m2 living space
* Situated on 5 acres in the township of Yass
* Attached 2 bedroom apartment
* Separate 3 bedroom cottage-previously used as Veterans hospital
* Stables with cobblestone floor and machinery shed
* 4 x open fire places
* 2 x jetmaster heaters
* 2 x gas jetmaster heaters
* Carrara marble fireplaces
* Cedar woodwork throughout
* Lead light windows and doors
* Flooring is cedar & yellow box
* Acreage has a bore
* 190,000 litre underground water tank -gravity fed
* Rain water tanks to rose garden and glass house
* Rolling level lawns, wide terraces and heritage gardens
* Offering many creative business opportunities
* 45 minutes from Canberra, three hours from Sydney
- No inspections scheduled
- Contact Agent
Email this agent
Email sent successfully!
Your email has been sent.
Would you like to get The Real Estate Conversation?
Get new properties in your inbox
Real Estate For Sale in Yass, NSW 2582 priced between $2,800,000 and $5,100,000